new banner

Sunday, November 07, 2010

Just a cozy cap


So I've had the Super Cupcake pattern for some time now. I even finished the cowl, wear it all the dang time and, somehow, managed not to ever photograph it. But after Rhinebeck, where I spotted a few delightful Super Cupcakes in person, I decided to make the hat myself.


This is quick and easy and fun. I must admit that I just wanted to make it right away, and I wanted it to be fire engine red, so I bought some Patons during our Joann Fabrics run after Rhinebeck. (Look, there's only one Joann's in New York City, and it's out in Staten Island. So if I'm in the 'burbs and near one, I go. Also picked up a few foam wreaths!)

I think this is my new go-to winter cap.

3 Comments:

Blogger Amy said...

I like it! Is it a ravelry pattern?

4:46 PM  
Anonymous Marlena said...

I was just checking out that pattern! I love yours. The main concern have is how well it'll stay on, especially in wind. What do you think?

5:16 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

love that hat!! The bright poppy red is perfect for winter, and it looks amazing on you.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home