new banner

Thursday, November 18, 2010

It is finished


And it's only, um, five months late.


My brother got married in June and moved into a lovely new home. I just couldn't buy him dishes, you know? It's my brother! But with so many babies coming into my life, I was really behind on gift knitting, so I didn't even start this until after the wedding.

Since my brother's tastes are pretty conservative, I knew I'd have to table any crazy crochet patterns or zig-zags. I settled on the Moderne Log Cabin in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, basing the colors on the sofas and pillows in their home. But garter stitch? Wow, that s*** takes forever!

So I'm dropping it in the mail today - a little later than I wanted, but well within a year! I imagine then wrapping themselves in it while watching the Steelers, or spreading it on the floor as they sit in front of their fireplace.

5 Comments:

Blogger Julie said...

wow, the modern log cabin blanket is such an achievement!! What a wonderful gift. And hey, better late than never!

3:10 PM  
Blogger Jane said...

It's beautiful!

10:22 PM  
Anonymous Kathy said...

Gorgeous!

7:28 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yes, you are well within the year time frame, so 'late' doesn't even factor into it at all! Nice work, a true labor of love from a sweet sister:)

10:25 AM  
Blogger Kathy boyer said...

It is gorgeous. A gift late is still a gift. And what a gift it is

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home