new banner

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A darling dress for a darling baby


I've been wrong, oh so wrong, for so long. All this time, I've been taking photos of baby knits on the floor, on hangers, on sofas. What was WRONG with me? Baby knits belong on BABIES!



This pattern is a DROPS design dress, done in trusty Spud and Chloe sweater yarn. I adore that yarn -- silky and warm and great colors. I finished it months ago but forgot to photograph it before packaging it up and mailing it off.

I knit this dress for Molly, my dear college roommate Jen's daughter. (You may, or may not, remember that I crocheted her a yo-yo-blanket before darling Molly was born.) And, luckily for me, Jen is also a fabulous photographer.

I've only seen Molly twice, and I simply adore her. She is playful and cuddly and has the chubbiest cheeks, like they're filled with creamy polenta, as her mom says. Molly is so cute that Jen's priest said to her, "People say every baby is the cutest baby. But your baby really is the cutest baby!"

I'll see her again Sunday and can't wait to give her a big snug.

4 Comments:

Blogger jess said...

DUH! ON THE BABIES! preferably photographed by a professional.

uh-doi.

11:10 PM  
Blogger cidell said...

Molly really *is* the cutest baby! Love that pumpkin oragne :)

11:04 AM  
Blogger elephantJuice said...

Adorable! What a perfect colour for autumn :)

1:28 PM  
Blogger mkonieczki said...

OHMUHGOSH! SO CUTE! I love that this little dress can stand on it's own, and I bet it will look fantastic layered over some funky tights and a long sleeve tee when it's colder!

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home