new banner

Sunday, July 05, 2009

Nothing says July like a heavy shawl

Why, hello there!

With near constant ran and overcast skies, I saw no point knitting cute camis or tanks. If summer is on holiday, so is summer knitting, I s'pose. So I knit the delightful Springtime Bandit Shawl with City Tweed sent to me by the fine folks at KnitPicks.


I'm jaunty, even though there are garbage cans behind me.

This is a great pattern that fulfills my requirement of being complicated enough to keep me interested, but not so complicated that I can't watch "Mad Men" while knitting. (Five episodes into second season! So good but depressing!)

The yarn is also very yummy -- smooth and shiny and rich. I'm also not usually a fan of super tweedy yarn, but this is nice and subtle and not too heavy.


Hanging out to dry on ye olde fire escape

Very glad I finished this so that I can take it on our trip this week -- we're embarking on a heritage trip, visiting our ancestral homelands together. So on Tuesday we're headed to Ireland, Vienna, Slovakia and Prague. Can't get here fast enough.





15 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Very cute, Carrie!! Love the color. I hope you get some pleasantly cool evenings to enjoy wearing it on your trip. :)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Catherine said...

I went to Prague in April '08 and '09 (my husband plays lacrosse and there was a tourny there) we added on Vienna and Munich this year! I loved it all. Prague is amazing and still my favorite! Hope you have a great trip!

8:17 PM  
Blogger gleek said...

i love the shawl! it's lovely and i bet will get a lot of use once the temps dip again :)

have an AWESOME time on your trip! europe in the summer is amazing, i hear.

8:42 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Great shawl! Have a fun trip!

8:44 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Very pretty!! Great color on you!

9:10 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Have a great trip! You'll look quite fabulous sporting that shawl all around Europe.

7:22 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

The scarf is beautiful! Have a great trip!!

7:44 AM  
Blogger Team Knit ! said...

So pretty! I love the spicy colour.

- Julie

7:45 AM  
Blogger Maya said...

that's one great shawl. Perfect for the adventure ahead of you--have a great time!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

It's a beautiful shawl - you'll get a lot of wear out of that!

Enjoy your trip!

10:40 AM  
Anonymous christa said...

oh, carrie! you're going to beat me to prague--i'm so jealous! all the sheep in ireland will simply blanch with envy when they see that lovely shawl. have a wonderful time!

6:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looked perfect in your Vienna photos!

9:52 AM  
OpenID knitthehellout said...

Lovely! Excellent color. I just got interested in Mad Men. Good stuff. Have fun on your trip!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Bird said...

you inspired me to go out and buy the Terra yarn for this project! it'll be my first chart/lace job, but i'm very encouraged by your beautiful beautiful work! i'm sure it fit right in with the Vienna scene.

3:30 PM  
Blogger Rima said...

This is beautiful!

Rima
www.yarnydays.com

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home