new banner

Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Um, did I miss something?

We all know Vanna has yarn. But Deborah?

Apparently Deborah Norville, longtime broadcast journalist and "Inside Edition" host, has a line of yarns! Got a free shipping coupon for Joanns, popped over there and saw it. Did everyone know this but me?

As a reporter, I get it. Our industry is in turmoil. We're all searching for a backup plan. Just seems like a strange fit to go from reporting about how the star of "The Cougar" is setting the record straight to peddling a sock yarn called "Serenity."

Maybe there's hope for me yet?

And she has a blog!

8 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

I don't even know what to say--I have no words. The world only gets weirder every day....

6:44 PM  
Blogger yarnpiggy said...

Wow...and it's 75% natural fibres!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Christie said...

And according to the description it comes in 4 weights: "Sock, Sport, Worsted & Cunky."

Have you knit with the cunky weight yet?

More and more "celeb" knitters show up everyday. I wonder if she's on Rav yet...

7:31 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

She gets my respect for at least having a yarn that's primarily wool!

7:16 AM  
Blogger tentenknits said...

oh def! haha that is just hysterical. the labels look so DIY too, like she printed them on her Epson All-In-One!

12:19 PM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Huh. Surprisingly I don't feel the urge to run on out and buy stuff. It might be because it's pouring out. But I think it is because I'm committed to the yarn I already have, rather than celebrity hawked yarn. Who knows...

3:01 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Oh Lord, this is just...grotesque. Can't she go on 'Get me out of here, I'm a celebrity' or something to get some cash?

8:10 AM  
Blogger jess said...

how the HECK did i miss this?

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home