new banner

Friday, May 15, 2009

sewing Fridays

For the past few weeks, I've spent my Friday sewing. (This has cut into my "Law and Order" naptime, but that's OK). I finished this number last week and gave it a test drive at work, where I was told it was Pucci-esque, which I think is a nice way of saying "really, really loud."

must stop taking pictures on fire escape

This is now my fourth variation of this "Built by Wendy" pattern -- there are just so many ways to mix it up. I obviously combined the gathered neck with the long sleeves and longer length, improvising a belt to give it a little shape.

The fabric is from Mood, which I keep sneaking to after work.


So I think it's time to back away from this pattern and try something new. I ordered Amy Butler's lotus tunic pattern, and, thanks to the wonderful Marie, I found some Nani Iro fabric that I have been drooling over. (Hard to find a good pic of it, but it's used in this dress.) I love it so much that I kinda want to stretch it across a canvas and hang it, but doesn't fabric deserve to become a dress or shirt?

13 Comments:

Blogger Allegra said...

i think the dress looks great! and thanks so much for telling us about the fabric used in hilary's cute summer top. i have been ravenous to find out what it is! (so many other cute fabrics there too!)

12:45 PM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

I think it's spectacular! Love the gathered neckline for that print especially.

2:36 PM  
Blogger falk_K said...

it's GORGEOUS!!!!

3:12 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

gorgeous ress, fabulous fabric!!

4:14 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are a wonder, this fits you perfectly and is super chic!

4:38 PM  
Blogger Knitting by the Pond said...

I love it! Very stylish! :)

5:16 PM  
Blogger An Abundance of Lisa said...

I love this dress, and the fabric!! Can't wait to see what you sew next!

11:10 PM  
Blogger Cait said...

Love it!!

5:33 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

so so great.

and since it is friday, i am picturing you sitting behind your machine. don't disappoint me. :)

8:56 AM  
Anonymous Ellie said...

I just stumbled across your blog from Ravelry and love the things you have made, particularly the sewn things. I wondered how easy you found it to learn to sew? I am just getting into it and adore the Built By Wendy designs and patterns. Any advice would be much appreciated!

9:00 AM  
Blogger Bird said...

i finally purchased the built by wendy pattern that you love so much, along with some anna maria horner fabric to make a dress. i can't wait for the supplies to arrive, already! -i just hope mine will turn out half as good as yours!

4:04 PM  
Blogger Mohammad Salauddin said...

Wow!! looks very good and gorgeous. So much beautiful and smart collection.
Fabrics Usa Inc

11:00 PM  
Blogger Fabrics USA Inc. said...

many many thanks for this post can learn something fabrics. and you look so beautiful
AFRICAN FABRIC, AFRICAN WHOLE SELL PRINTS

2:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home