new banner

Friday, February 06, 2009

warm hats and steelers, etc.

While I'm cruising on Harper, sometimes I just need a quick hit project. Last Tuesday was one of those days. I was home sick, sipping tea and watching "Law & Order" between naps, and I just wanted some instant gratification.

The remedy? Sideways Grande Hat from Boutique Knits.

Yes, it is my powder rooom.

This is the latest in my series of recession knitting, meaning I'm either using stash yarn, swapped yarn or frogged-finished-object yarn. You may remember this yarn from one of the biggest debacles in my young knitting life, the Trapeze Jacket. At least something good came outta that thing.

It's done in Berocco Ultra Alpaca, which isn't my favorite yarn. But it's totally warm and toasty, and it falls just at eye level, perfect for appearing mysterious and shifty.

The only thing I don't like is that it reminds me a little of Angelina Jolie in "Changeling." Click here for photographic evidence. (And I fall squarely in the Jennifer Aniston camp, so I'm no Jolie fan).


Everyone is sick of hearing about it, but I'm SO PSYCHED about my Steelers winning the Super Bowl! Fan or not, do yourself a favor and listen to this song.


Thanks for the cookies, Chris!

18 Comments:

Blogger Kym said...

Awesome cookies!! Congrats on the steelers- i'm a giants fan, but i felt like a winner because i got to watch bruce play the halftime show :)

Cute hat- don't worry, everyone will forget about that silly movie in no time. I'm with you- no matter how much humanitarian stuff she does, i still look at her and think "husband stealer!"

12:45 AM  
Anonymous Lara said...

Love the hat-very chic! I too am no Jolie fan either however 40s fashion does rock...

9:15 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

That hat is too cute!

10:26 AM  
Blogger Paty said...

lovely hat

5:54 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Great hat! I love the retro 30's look!

7:20 PM  
Blogger My Love is..... said...

love the hat... gorgeous.

8:00 PM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

very cute! I am also an aniston fan!

8:12 PM  
Blogger girl with the purl said...

nice hat :)
it's better than angelina's.

9:18 PM  
Blogger jess said...

of COURSE you're on team aniston. ;) (you know i love the hat bien sur)

9:40 PM  
OpenID knitthehellout said...

Excellent hat! I bought that book, but keep forgetting I can make that hat.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I like that hat, but you're right. It does bear a resemblance to the Changeling hat.

9:09 PM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

i love that style on you!!! you look beautiful!

and yes, yes yes! on the steeler victory!

9:15 PM  
Blogger Was soll die Masche said...

Great hat :-)

8:50 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Your Team Aniston hat is so awesome:)!!

10:47 AM  
Blogger Knitzee Lyn said...

What is your Ravelry name?

9:13 PM  
Blogger Devin said...

I just stumbled upon your blog, and I have to say, I found a bunch of parallels to myself! I got Married this fall as well, Oct. 4th, AND I drove myself crazy doing almost everything DYI, including knitting each girl a shawl! What I'm trying to say is I love your blog! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!

9:40 PM  
Blogger crossxmyxhooks said...

That hat is amazing! I want to try it in crochet as all I get in knitting is a large rectangle or square! Love it!

10:07 PM  
Anonymous sue said...

The hat is a wow - I adore it. Is there any chance you could send me the pattern as I can't get the book. I would be totally chuffed and grateful and willing to knit one to gift.
Sue.

6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home