new banner

Saturday, January 17, 2009

When a hero pilot (and hand knits) save the day

I hesitate to even post this. Here am I, the day of the miracle on the Hudson. I spent about six hours outside of a hospital where passengers were transported. I have never, ever, ever been so cold, which I guess is no surprise since it was the coldest night in two years.



What saved me? My love of knits and winter outerwear in general. I had on a cowl, two scarves, a hat and two pairs of gloves (which were store bought, but whatever.) I give serious props to Jess for her Honeycomb Cowl pattern, done up in chunky Malabrigo, perhaps the vermillion colorway? It's as toasty and protective as a ski mask, minus the "crazy bank robber" factor.

11 Comments:

Blogger An Abundance of Lisa said...

I was wondering if you were going to have to cover the story. I imagine all reporters were called to duty, right? I am glad that you had an arsenal of handknits to fight the cold! I'm sure a blanket and hot soup did wonders for you too at the end of that ordeal.

10:54 PM  
Blogger ingrid said...

Oh man, I love your expression here. Stay warm!

8:01 AM  
Blogger gleek said...

i just knew you'd be involved in this! i'm so glad you were saved by your handknits!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I bet you were freezing! Great thing for the handknits!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

You look....um....warm? :)

I bet all the other reporters were jealous! ;)

3:03 PM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

Yay for Sully and all those warm hand knits!

3:39 PM  
Blogger Jeremy said...

I hate that they're calling it a miracle. It's cheating the pilot and engineers who designed and built the plane out of the credit they deserve as well as the people who came to rescue the passengers.

4:35 PM  
Blogger ericalynnpearson said...

haha! this picture captures the moment perfectly...

5:25 PM  
Blogger jess said...

hahahaha, your look says it all! what a trooper :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger Claire said...

Let's hear it for outerwear and handknits!

10:17 PM  
Blogger Katie said...

You are so bundled!!!

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home