new banner

Saturday, January 10, 2009

not-cropped crop cardigan

The thing about being nearly done with a sweater is that it seems silly to post pictures of your little projects, the finished cowls and Blackberry cozies. (Yes, I've made a few. What can I say, my co-workers like them!)

But the problem is, you can be nearly done with a sweater for a really long time and let your blog grow stale. Now, I'm actually done. Here is my first substantial FO of 2009, the Crochet Crop Cardigan, minus the crop.

This is our fireplace, which we don't use enough


I'd seen some lovely ones on Ravelry, and it reminds me a little of a crochet version of the ever-popular February Lady Sweater. I thought a longer version might be more flattering than a cropped one, so I just kept making the half double-crochet shells until I felt like stopping. Then I stopped.

I'm also patting myself on the back for being thrifty. This is yarn that I got from Virginia at a swap about two years ago -- it's Brooks Farm Acero. The only thing better than Brooks Farm yarn is FREE Brooks Farm yarn. It's rather thin but still worked up pretty quickly and is just slightly variegated, keeping things interesting.



Next up? Harper! And this time, I splurged on the yarn: Dream in Color Classy. Because, you know, I'm classy.

20 Comments:

Blogger gleek said...

i love love LOVE this cardigan. so cute and flattering on you! and wow, harper in DIC! i'm so stoked to see how it turns out!

3:07 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Such a pretty cardi!

3:38 PM  
Blogger An Abundance of Lisa said...

The Not-so-cropped Cardi looks fantastico!!

Can't wait to see your Harper!

4:11 PM  
Anonymous Kym said...

It's so cute- nice job!

And nice fireplace!!!

4:23 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Adorable!

And you won't be disappointed in the Classy -- it's fabulous!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Yarn It said...

I love the sweater cardigan. It turned out very nice and the yarn is a very pretty color.

I hadn't seen Harper before but I think I have to knit that now. I love it!

5:57 PM  
Blogger Girl Kae said...

Wow, that is STUNNING!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

That turned out really beautiful. I really should expand my crochet skills a bit and learn how to make a garment...I can do blankets but that's about it. Nery nice!

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Patricia said...

De-lurking to say that this sweater is pretty great! I rarely see any crochet FOs on blogs so seeing one early in 2009 is pretty awesome. I will have to make this one some time!

7:43 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

This cardi looks amazing on you, Carrie!

8:22 AM  
Blogger CG said...

I'm truly impressed!! A knitter who crochets like you is a rare thing...keep up the good work. Also, kudos to you for actually finishing a project before starting another one...I'm presently working on 5 projects at once and changing them as I go about a million times!!

2:23 PM  
Blogger girl with the purl said...

It's such a beautiful cardigan! The colorway is really flattering.

7:10 PM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Oh, this cardi is so delicate and pretty!

9:14 PM  
Blogger Carrie said...

I lovelove this pattern, and your version is so awesome! and also, I. heart. Mas. Acero. it's such fantastic yarn!

10:46 AM  
Blogger Claire said...

The cardi looks great!

3:22 PM  
OpenID knitandrun said...

Such a cute cardigan. And I love Harper...thanks for the introduction, I added it to my queue.

12:39 PM  
Blogger jess said...

recession cardigan! hee hee hee.

10:00 AM  
Blogger a friend to knit with said...

fabulous job! you look as beautiful as ever!

3:46 PM  
OpenID thinkingmama said...

It looks really nice on you! I like the longer version more than the cropped. Great job!

1:35 PM  
Blogger Dimma said...

Well that is one beautiful cardigan! I just don't have enough patience for crocheting. And your next plan looks fabulous, too...

3:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home