new banner

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Three's a charm


Yep, bridesmaid shawl number three is a done deal.


This went so fast that I could hardly believe it. Take that, you crochet haters out there.

My bridesmaids are strikingly different in a lot of ways (one's a lawyer in Colorado, another a drug and alcohol counselor in Pennsylvania, and two others are journalists, one in Connecticut and another in Maryland). But they are alike in the ways that count -- all hard workers, all compassionate, all goofy and funny enough to like me.

So that premise kind of guided my choices in their dresses and shawls, not to get too heavy on you. They picked whichever brown J. Crew dress they wanted, so I similarly picked shawls with a common shape but differences in the details. Shawl number one and shawl number two are knit, so I decided to crochet the remaining two. I scoured Ravelry and picked this Country Cotton Shawl. Practically crocheted itself.


Oh, and with Father's Day coming, I thought I'd point out that J. Crew has KNIT TIES. I actually knit my father a tie for Christmas in 2001, but I failed to line it. So it basically rolled into a tube, like something Gary Numan might have worn. But he still mentioned it in his Christmas Eve blessing!

13 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

Very nice shawl!

10:57 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

Man, you are flying along on those shawls! This one looks great too!

I love JCrew wedding- my bridesmaids did the same thing and it was so much easier than going the traditional route. Plus, no one had to get them altered. Score!

12:50 AM  
Blogger Kym said...

By the way, I'll bet Gary Numan is so excited to be mentioned anywhere on the internets right now...

12:52 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Wow, you are a shawl machine!

7:34 AM  
Anonymous An Abundance of Lisa said...

Great job on shawl #3!! Your bridesmaids are going to love them. Love your shoes in that first photo, btw.

9:31 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Lovely shawl!!!

10:07 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Wow, you are really cranking them out! And I love that you've picked a choqua theme :)
(And now I'm sitting here wondering who in the world is Gary Newman? I think I missed some culturally formative years by spending my childhood and adolescence in France).

10:14 AM  
Blogger The A.D.D. Knitter said...

You are most definitely on a roll there, sister. And am I had forgotten that you crochet as well--what CAN'T you do??

6:53 AM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Way to go! Your bridesmaids are going to love them, Carrie. :)

5:29 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

So glad to see you're cranking out the shawls so fast, they are going to be a great hit!

8:39 PM  
Blogger Karen Olson said...

You better post wedding pictures! I love the JCrew bridesmaid dresses, and the shawls are fabulous.

2:32 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

You really are on a roll! I love that the bridesmaids can choose their own dress, but in the same color, so they can find a dress that fits them the best. Lovely shawl times three. When is the big day?

11:33 AM  
Anonymous Meg said...

What a sweet and thoughtful man. And I don't often have a chance to say THAT! Very thoughtful of you to link the bridesmaids that particular way. I'm sure there will be plenty of pictures blogged???

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home