new banner

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Loop at last

This little number has been finished for weeks, and I've been consistently wearing her near and far. (And by far, I mean Queens.) But I've been distracted by trips from friends, a visit from my mom, sundry gubernatorial sex scandals and "The Wire" finale. (I may never forgive David Simon for what he did to my Dukie!)

Anyway, here is the Loop Shawl (ravelry) from "Sensual Knits", though I know it's not much of a loop or much of a shawl at this point.


thanks for the photo, jess!

I just enjoyed this stitch pattern so much that I didn't want to stop, graft the stitches and make it a circular shawl. Plus, I wanted a bright scarf that would provide a much-needed pop of color on top of my wide assortment of gray and black coats. But really, I found the pattern addictive.




I felt like the stitches really popped in this yarn, Shelridge Farm Soft Touch in cardinal. But I totally need a better way to block shawls! My blocking board seems like a postage stamp by comparison.

I know it's been well documented elsewhere, but the Spiders really brought it for Katy's babywarming. Oh, the mimosas!

And here is Katy, along with bouncing baby Peter, admiring the progressive log cabin we made for them. Yeah, I think that's the kind of reaction we were hoping for.

21 Comments:

OpenID thinkingmama said...

That is one gorgeous scarf! Yet another reason I should go out and get the book NOW.

11:03 PM  
Blogger WandaWoman said...

Hey, your version is great. It really looks beautiful in that yarn.

11:32 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

Beautiful scarf! I think I like it better as a scarf than a loop (but maybe that's just because I'm the kind of person who would wind up strangling herself with a loop).

7:25 AM  
Blogger Veronique said...

Ooh, looks great as a scarf! (Not that the loop is a bad idea, it's cute and quirky).
The look on Katy's face is priceless! Did you tell her we ran out of yarn mid-way?!

8:26 AM  
Blogger gleek said...

i love the lace scarf! i haven't seen it as a loop so i wouldn't know the difference :) we just started watching the wire, season 1. i'm glad that we have a total of five seasons to watch!

9:51 AM  
Blogger kate said...

I love your shawl! It is nice in a bright color, too, to really see the stitch pattern pop.

10:41 AM  
Blogger Christie said...

What a very cool pattern! Really like it!

1:10 PM  
Blogger Marlena said...

Gorgeous scarf! And I love the picture of your friend receiving her blanket. Great blanket, too.

3:31 PM  
Blogger Kaet said...

beautiful baby and beautiful scarf! that color will definitely brighten the dreary winter days!

5:35 PM  
Blogger secrethandshake said...

That look on her face is priceless! Anytime you feel under-appreciated you can pull out that photo.

7:45 PM  
Blogger Michaela said...

I JUSt got Sensual Knits in the mail (about 30 minutes ago) and I went through it, but the picture of the Loop Shawl in the book didn't jump out at me. However, your scarf is gorgeous! I especially love the color!

2:23 PM  
Blogger pamela wynne said...

LOVE the stole version. And, while I'm at it, your 28thirty too. :)

4:04 PM  
Blogger Klement said...

That's a stunning scarf! Love the pattern detail :) Does it have a name (the stitch that is)?

11:10 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Carrie I love the scarf!!! Your color shows off the detail so well & it looks beautiful on you! I'm so glad you enjoyed knitting it!

The photo of Katy & Peter is amazing! That is definitely the reaction you want when giving a hand knit gift!!

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Meg said...

GAW-geous!! Love the pattern, love the color.

11:15 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Beautiful scarf!

She does look impressed and in awe of the blanket. Good for you all!

8:16 PM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

Yeah, Queens is soooo far ;)

Love the loop and the picture of Katy with the blanket captures the moment perfectly.

12:34 PM  
Blogger jess said...

i love this photo of katy. classic.

you have a blocking board?? whoa!

11:40 AM  
Blogger ...Sarah said...

I love the idea of a baby warmer. Both projects turned out nicely

4:04 PM  
Anonymous (sadly blogless) Allison allijo_99@yahoo.com said...

I whole-heartedly agreed about Dukie -- poor baby. And I'm just as broken up about Randy having to go to the group home. I think we need to have some words with David Simon.

BTW, your scarf is lovely.

3:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought the book, tore out the page of instructions for the loop shawl to start the shawl on a trip, and lost the page! I don't want to buy the book again. Can anyone scan the 2 pages missing (129-130) and send them to me? from france.

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home