Happy little things
I just can't seem to make myself sit down and conjure up a post.
At least not a coherent one. My split-neck tee is moving at a glacial place, so instead of bemoaning my lack of progress, I'll just tell you about the little things that are making me happy nowadays.
* Little Sludgies the Whales popping up all over the place! Look at how many Moonlight Stitches made -- she's a Sludgie-making machine. (R.I.P. Sludgie, by the way.)
* Prizes from Michelle's blog! Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, chocolates from Holland, yarn needles, chestnut and brown sugar soap, and sunflower seeds for my fire escape. As she wrote in the card, "give your owl something to hide behind." Ha!
* Jon's beard. He decided to grow one, and I think it looks quite fetching, no? Here we are at our friend's fabulous Greek wedding. (I ate my weight in fried calamari.)
* This tasty Moroccan tagine. I made it tonight, and it was delectable - if I do say so myself. And I ain't usually much of a cook. In fact, Jon can usually tell that I've been cooking because the smoke detector has been taken down.
* Surprise notes from knitters. Jon's aunt, who lives in New Mexico, wrote me a letter praising mitered corners, a skill she learned after taking a class with Valentina Devine. I'm a bit intimidated by the process, but intrigued all the same. She made the loveliest baby sweater out of the squares.
* Bluelines. Has anyone else seen this? I secretly covet a job at Martha Stewart's Blueprint magazine, and this blog gives me a daily dose of the magazine's panache. I adore these little clothing pin people, and I ordered a pair of these shoes in yellow. (But I won't be sewing m'self a bathing suit anytime soon, thank you very much!)