new banner

Monday, April 30, 2007

Happy little things

Oh spring, when a young gal's fancy turns away from her blog.


I just can't seem to make myself sit down and conjure up a post.


At least not a coherent one. My split-neck tee is moving at a glacial place, so instead of bemoaning my lack of progress, I'll just tell you about the little things that are making me happy nowadays.

* Little Sludgies the Whales popping up all over the place! Look at how many Moonlight Stitches made -- she's a Sludgie-making machine. (R.I.P. Sludgie, by the way.)

* Prizes from Michelle's blog! Knit Picks Wool of the Andes, chocolates from Holland, yarn needles, chestnut and brown sugar soap, and sunflower seeds for my fire escape. As she wrote in the card, "give your owl something to hide behind." Ha!

* Jon's beard. He decided to grow one, and I think it looks quite fetching, no? Here we are at our friend's fabulous Greek wedding. (I ate my weight in fried calamari.)

* This tasty Moroccan tagine. I made it tonight, and it was delectable - if I do say so myself. And I ain't usually much of a cook. In fact, Jon can usually tell that I've been cooking because the smoke detector has been taken down.

* Surprise notes from knitters. Jon's aunt, who lives in New Mexico, wrote me a letter praising mitered corners, a skill she learned after taking a class with Valentina Devine. I'm a bit intimidated by the process, but intrigued all the same. She made the loveliest baby sweater out of the squares.

* Bluelines. Has anyone else seen this? I secretly covet a job at Martha Stewart's Blueprint magazine, and this blog gives me a daily dose of the magazine's panache. I adore these little clothing pin people, and I ordered a pair of these shoes in yellow. (But I won't be sewing m'self a bathing suit anytime soon, thank you very much!)

25 Comments:

Blogger Angela said...

Thanks for the head's up on Bluelines. I haven't quite committed to the magazine (I went looking for it today and came up empty), but the blog is a nioe find.

12:22 AM  
Blogger schrodinger said...

The beard suits Jon - nice!

Yay for the Sludgie whales - you've started a trend.

And congrats on the prize.

12:33 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

Isn't it so nice to see flowers and green leaves? I'm still waiting for some of our trees to come back to life -- I think they're just not quite convinced it's actually spring.

8:12 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I haven't seen Bluelines! Looks very interesting.

I'm so glad your Sludgie is becoming such a s sensation!

10:29 AM  
Anonymous kaitlyn said...

let us begin plotting--a friend's husband is the new editor over at blueprint :)

11:05 AM  
Blogger Kellie said...

wow, look at all that green. Everything is still brown and bare here.
enjoying your blog.

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Katie said...

I'm beginning to get a little distracted by Spring, too. Lovely leaves and flowers! Congrats on your prize!

11:08 AM  
Blogger jenna said...

I guess it beats a knitted bathing suit, but jeezaloo, any kind of DIY bathing suit just has disaster written all over it!

11:30 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

I know what you mean about Martha. I have coveted a graphic design job at her magazine for years.

1:40 PM  
Blogger Julie said...

Hey Carrie,

I found your blog from Wendy's website. I was wondering what alterations you made on the Flair. Yours is so cute!

2:21 PM  
Blogger VDOprincess said...

That bluelines link is great! Thanks!

2:51 PM  
Blogger Lolly said...

What about our fun (but too short) dinner date last week? That was great! :)

Cute picture of you two!

3:56 PM  
Blogger The_Add_Knitter said...

Yes, r.i.p. Sludgie!:(

I agree that blogging is not a priority for me these days, this spring has been just too gorgeous to ignore!

5:41 PM  
Anonymous frecklegirl jess said...

I don't know if I have every seen a picture of you two together- you are adorable!! :)

11:34 PM  
Anonymous Katy said...

Hey, I didn't know Jon was a ginger--cute! What great picture of you two.

Love those shoes--when you get them, give us a comfort rating.

I spent an hour in Central Park this morning and it was just magic. Is NYC actually getting a Spring this year? Watch, now I've jinxed it..

4:22 PM  
Blogger Miss Scarlett said...

Oh, sorry to hear about Sludgie. Nice to see your pattern taking off.
What a nice list of happy things.
Ummm I can't believe anyone would 'make' their own bathing suit. Although I am pretty sure that one is not meant to swim in!

9:55 AM  
Blogger Leah said...

Aw.. sludgie!

You two look so cute & I do like Jon's beard!

That blog is a nice find! Thanks!!

11:22 AM  
Blogger femiknitter said...

Hmm, great nature-y pics! This really is the best time of year!

Thanks for the heads-up on Bluelines. I've never seen it before--it's really great!

5:46 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I know what you mean about spring-fever getting in the way of blogging!

Blueprint is so lurvely! I squealed with glee when I saw the feature on Joelle Hoverson (of Purl and "Last-minute knitted gifts" fame).

The whale looks adorable. So is the pic of you and the newly-bearded one.

6:45 PM  
Blogger virginia said...

I am so in love with my tagine. You should try this recipe, it's the best one I've found yet:
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Lamb-Tagine/Detail.aspx

ps- this that the halter dress we talked about the other day?

10:52 AM  
Blogger So Much Fun said...

What a great post! You two are toooo cute! And how could you not love sludgie!

2:09 PM  
Blogger PassionKNITly said...

I love the dress you're wearing! It looks great!!

Sludgie makes me want to learn how to crochet!

2:16 PM  
Blogger Dorothy said...

Love Jon's beard. Very nice on him. You look beautiful too. Love the dress.

Sludgie is very cute. If only I didn't have so much on my plate.

The flower photos are beautiful. I can't wait for the ones here to start budding.

12:56 PM  
Blogger Faith! said...

I have two halves of a Sludgie! What a fun pattern. And yeah, Bluelines is aesthetically perfect. Beautiful pictures today!

8:07 PM  
Blogger Joan said...

http://www.careerbuilder.com/jobseeker/jobs/jobresults.aspx?vt=title&cibookmark=1&jrdid=&sc_cmp2=JS_HP2_QSB_Form&strCrit=QID%3dA6651212963519%3bst%3dQ%3buse%3dALL%3brawWords%3dmartha+stewart+omnimedia%3bCID%3dUS%3bSID%3dALL%3bTID%3d0%3bENR%3dNO%3bDTP%3dALL%3bYDI%3dYES%3bIND%3dALL%3bPDQ%3dAll%3bJN%3dAll%3bPAYL%3d0%3bPAYH%3dgt120%3bPOY%3dNO%3bETD%3dALL%3bRE%3dALL%3bMGT%3dDC%3bSUP%3dDC%3bFRE%3d30%3bCHL%3dAL%3bQS%3dsid_unknown%3bSS%3dNO%3bTITL%3d0%3bOB%3dDF%3bVT%3dtitle%3bRAD%3d30%3bJQT%3dBID&sname=&cbRecursionCnt=1&cbsid=8f0ae94bb1964604b5afd3772eceda15-232485099-JA-5

7:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home