new banner

Friday, May 19, 2006

Outta town

It's only a four-day trip, but my mini-vacation to see my folks in Pennsylvania this weekend is making me downright chipper. I'm smiling while doing the dishes, cheerfully taking out the trash and even offering to cover car accidents in the rain. Now that's chipper.

I leave very bright and early Saturday -- but don't worry that I won't wake up in time because I'm sure my neighbors will turn on their radio around then. (The cops did come two nights ago, so let us hope Mr. and Mrs. Lousy Music Taste learned their lesson. They have no idea of the depths of my rage and indignation.)

Adding to my all-around chipperness was meeting Michelle for lunch today. She's as sweet, sunny and interesting in person as she is on her blog. We met up at Downtown Yarn because, well, where else would knitters meet?



Beyond knitting, Michelle is also an extremely talented cook with an impressive knowledge of New York's vegetarian restaurants. I asked her to take me to one of her faves, so we headed to Pukk. The food is both delicious and lovely to gaze upon. Here's my spicy eggplant and tofu plus a green salad with peanut dressing.



Of course, I picked up some yarn along the way. I'm nearly finished with Fad Classic and simply couldn't resist getting the pattern for Ms. Marigold. I love it in yellow but want to mix things up a bit, so I picked out some Misti Alpaca worsted in this shocking shade.

I think I'll call her Ms. Petunia.

19 Comments:

Blogger legally intoxicated said...

i will literally *pay* to have a ms. marigold made in my name. i *heart* it. pleez? i'll finally send that t-shirt i've been threatening to give you for a year or more now....

2:39 AM  
Blogger Rachel said...

I just cast on for Ms. Marigold. I went for brown sheep cotton in green. If I make it to NY this summer we have to meet up and clash horribly for all to see :)
Have a great weekend with the folks!

4:10 AM  
Blogger michelleknits said...

aw! i had a lot of fun, too! i hope you have an excellent time in pennsylvania! next time, we walk straight up to megan's place of work and pull her out to join us!

oh, when i got home aa happened to have a copy of you know what and we checked out what you were talking about with the dress -- funny AND sad, too.

7:23 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Yes, next time I'll have to fake illness so I can escape work for lunch to meet you two!! Glad you had such a great time! Have a wonderful weekend in PA!

7:32 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Oh, Petunia! she will be a beauty, no doubt! what a fun time with Michelle - next time I am in the City, I wanna check out some of the veg places! Will you be my date? ;)

Have a wonderful trip to PA, Carrie dear!

7:38 AM  
Anonymous Iraida said...

Don't you think Marigold looks a lot like one of Saun's designs? It's still pretty. Have fun at your parent's house :)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Carrieoke said...

Petunia, indeed! She will be fabulous! And that is the cutest picture of Michelle.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I haven't seen that Ms. Marigold pattern! How cute! It'll look great in that pink as well.

9:52 AM  
Blogger Gina said...

That food looks so yummy!

10:05 AM  
Blogger gleek said...

mmmm, downtown yarns AND a yummy veggie lunch. i'm so jealous!!! that petunia is gonna be so pretty :)

10:06 AM  
Blogger marie in florida said...

you're not supposed to make me hungry for tofu and rice and peanut dressing but ooohhhh , pink!

10:15 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

Oh, just be glad that your neighbors don't have rats, and that you're not directly above them (I forgot, are they right below?), and that you have been trying to get the landlord to exterminate to no avail...

10:41 AM  
Anonymous Sarah said...

Wow, you really are on a decolle' vest kick! Soon you'll have one in every color. Awesome!

11:11 AM  
Blogger Mayarn said...

looks like a delicious meet up...

I just recently discovered misty alpaca. what a find!

11:48 AM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Pretty color for Ms Marigold.

12:06 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

If you happen to make it into the city this weekend, Pittsburgh Knit and Bead (in Squirrel Hill) is closing, and everything is on sale. I think this week everything is 25 or 30% off.

12:46 PM  
Blogger Allena said...

yummy yarn and food have fun on your trip.

2:24 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Ms. Petunia is going to be awesome! I love that pattern. Hopefully I will be able to cast on for one soon!

11:00 AM  
Blogger krissy said...

that thai dish looks so yummy! it sounds like you and michelle had a great time together. that pattern for ms. marigold is too cute! i love the colour you chose for it too.

11:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home