new banner

Thursday, April 06, 2006

So this is how sick I was.

I'll spare you the gory details, but I became violently ill around 5:05 a.m. Monday. And I haven't been the same since. I still have no appetite, I'm lethargic and I actually forgot to drink coffee this morning. But the kicker? I haven't wanted to knit. Not at all.

So my mom, who is a worrier, was slightly concerned about how sick I was on Monday, when I took the day off and called her every 45 minutes to update her on my symptoms and what food I was able to digest. But she became up in arms when I told her that I didn't even feel like knitting.

She inhaled sharply and yelled to my father, "She's too sick to knit!"

Needless to say, there ain't much progress to show since my last post. Haven't touched forecast. I did, though, heed everyone's advice and began a pair of Jaywalkers with my lovely yarn from Sundara. I tried to resist because I feel as though everyone on the face of the globe has knit these, and I didn't see how mine would be any different. But you learn something new with every pattern, and it really does show off yarn's yummy colors.



I also finished up a quickie baby gift for one of my editors, who goes on maternity leave tomorrow. I used some leftover nuclear green yarn from my knit robots to whip up a hat from "Knitting for Baby." I then made a little pair of booties from this random online pattern.



Now, seeing as it actually SNOWED in New York today, I'm kinda late posting pictures of the glorious weather last weekend. Since Jon and I usually only head to the Bronx when something dreadful happens there -- sorry Bronxie --
we decided to visit the Zoo. It was wonderful -- colorful toucans, stately bison, lazy bears, great people watching. The highlights:


I couldn't resist the flamingos.


Seeing as I'm silly, I decided to chase geese. Honestly, there were geese in every exhibit. They apparently live peaceably with gelada baboons, antelopes and other manner of zoo creatures.


And Jonathan made a new friend in the Aquatic Bird House .

21 Comments:

Blogger Rachel said...

I'm sorry you were so ill! Only knitters and people close to us understand just how sick you have to be to not want to knit. That being said, you got a lot of knitting done anyway! Very cute hat and booties. The jaywalkers look like they will really show off the yarn- pretty colorway.

Those are great pics of you guy with some funky birds.

2:19 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

glad you're feeling better! maybe it was all those geese that got you sick...there's something to think about huh?

2:30 AM  
Blogger Saun said...

I was starting to wonder where you were. I'm sorry to hear you were sick. I hope you make a full recovery soon.

2:43 AM  
Blogger Megan said...

Too sick to knit?! That is serious! I hope you're better soon!! On a positive note, at least it hit you after the glorious weekend we had so you could enjoy the sunshine!

7:20 AM  
Blogger michelleknits said...

Gosh, I'm so sorry to hear that you were sick. That sounds terrible! I totally get that "too sick to knit" thing, though that usually means it's serious! Are you feeling better? And I agree with Megan, good that you got to enjoy the luscious weekend at least!

Oh, and thanks for your haiku!

7:55 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Oh, no! That's pretty sick to now want to knit. I hope your tummy rights itself soon. That's the worst.

9:54 AM  
Blogger gleek said...

TOO SICK TO KNIT?!?! that IS scandalously sick. you poor thing. i'm glad to hear you're feeling better though. rest up this weekend and you should be as right as rain :)

that sundara sock yarn is calling me... CALLING ME.

10:06 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Yuck - hope you feel better! I think you've been a lot more productive than me lately! Cute baby knits!

10:48 AM  
Anonymous Iraida said...

LOL Yeah, the Bronx sucks. If you're ever around my way give me a call :-P
Too sick to knit? Oh dear. I hope you get well and I hope to see you on Saturday since I know you can't make it tomorrow. Feel better soon

11:20 AM  
Blogger Kelly B said...

oooooo, I've been there... so sick you can't knit. Isn't that a depressing feeling? Yuck. I hope you feel better very soon!

11:41 AM  
Blogger SJ said...

You know you're really sick if you can't bring yourself to do any knitting! Hope you are feeling better and ready to take on some more of Forecast -- I'm anxiously awaiting some progress shots!

12:49 PM  
Blogger lowercasecarmen said...

I'm sitting near the window of a stupid (expensive) internet cafe and the light was making my computer screen hard to see. When I saw the picture of Jon and the bird I thought it was actually in your house or something. I was like, wow he really did make a good friend. So good he had to bring it home.

2:34 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

I'm glad your better too!!

I love the story about your mom! That is classic!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous shannon said...

I knew something was wrong when you didn't "flash your stash!" Hope you feel 100 percent soon, hon.

6:11 PM  
Blogger marie in florida said...

woah, that's sick. i'm glad you're better , your jwalkers are beautiful and now i want to visit the Jacksonville Zoo, which is very nice.

9:54 PM  
Anonymous Purly Whites said...

Dude, did you get bird flu?? They are all cute and fluffly, but really, all just harbingers of disease.

Heh.

LOVE your pattern choice for the yarn. The yarn looks fabulous in that pattern. Whomever dyed that yarn is super talented. hahahahahaha.

4:20 AM  
Anonymous Sandra said...

oh, poor thing. Sorry to hear you were too sick to even KNIT! Yikes. Hope you get all better real soon.

I LOVE your sock yarn. It is gorgeous. Can't wait to see your finished Jaywalker.

See you tomorrow! :)

2:30 PM  
Blogger Mayarn said...

Wow - that sick sounds bad! i hope you are back to 100%.

At least you got to enjoy some of the beautiful weather we had. I hope it comes back soon. :-)

12:17 PM  
Anonymous frecklegirl jess said...

I hear you- when you are too sick to knit, it is BAD NEWS.

Glad you are feeling a bit better today...

12:25 AM  
Blogger Carrie K said...

That's pretty darn sick! At least you're well enough to chase birds now. ;)

5:02 PM  
Blogger candsmom said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you've been so sick. No coffee and no knitting?! That must've been one nasty bug! I hope your poor tummy's on the mend. Your Sundara yarn is beautiful- I love the way it's knitting up! Looking forward to seeing more pics of your Forecast... take care, Carrie! :-)

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home