new banner

Saturday, November 26, 2005

A knit garment the likes of which you've never seen before!

Ok, I'm lying. It's another clapotis. But this time it's for my mom, who is just fantastic, so therefore this is a clapotis like none other.



See, even my teddy bears are enthralled. But they don't get out much. And they don't surf many knit blogs. So a clapotis is exciting and new to them.

In other holiday matters, I managed to cook up a meal for us despite working from 3 to 11 p.m. on Thanksgiving Day. (Hey, the news doesn't take a holiday. Did you see what happened at the Macy's Parade, for heaven's sake?) We celebrated before then, chowing down on this before a nap:



I made everything but the turkey. And yes, that's green bean casserole. Got a problem with that?

On to knitterly things, I'm dreaming of making this. Ain't it darling?



It's a glampyre design fresh from the Hip Knits site. Problem is, it calls for Hip Knits silk, and that stuff sells out so fast. I tried to buy 400 grams, and it was grabbed up before my request was received. Darn it! I'm also wondering how long it will take for the yarn to arrive from the UK. Has anyone else ever purchased yarn from Hip Knits?

Thank you all so much for your comments about The (mini) Edge. We saw U2 Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden, and I kept imagining my little doll out on stage, rocking out and garnering crazy applause.

15 Comments:

Blogger keohinani said...

yeah, i know what you mean about someone snatching up merchandise before you buy it! *sigh*
and it's so hard to focus on holiday knitting...dangit.
mmm...food. i'm getting hungry. i'm gonna have to dip into the leftovers. yummy!
great clapotis, btw! that's such an awesome pattern.
you mean you didn't bring The (mini) Edge to the concert? that's almost unfair. ;P hehe..

5:12 PM  
Anonymous Skylar said...

Great Clap...I am working on a mini for my MIL right now! Also, I really like that Glampyre pattern too.

8:18 PM  
Anonymous Kim Guzman said...

This will be such a beautiful gift for your mother! And, I *love* green bean casserole. I noticed it right away. It's a holiday staple. :-)

10:53 PM  
Blogger Vanessa said...

Such a beautiful clapotis!
The glampyre makes me really want to improve my knitting skills.

3:12 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

Hi! Sounds like you had a nice holiday - even if was abbreviated. Beautiful Clapotis for your mother. I still need to make my first one! ;)

That Glampyre pattern will look super on you - have you looked at any yarn substitutes?

Take care~

9:26 AM  
Blogger the knitrider said...

ooh i really like that glampyre pattern! thanks for "showcasing" it! ive never gotten yarn from hipknits, but it may be worth a try!

12:26 PM  
Anonymous Iraida said...

That sweater is nice. Good luck on getting that yarn. Your Edge was better than the real thing? bwahahah. I'm such a dweeb.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Saun said...

The clap looks great. I've asked my mother to make green bean casserole for the past three years to no avail. Yours looks yummy.

7:30 PM  
Blogger Wednesday's Child said...

Can't say that I've ever actually tried Green Bean Casserole...I try to stay away from most casseroles after growing up in Minnesota where you put any three leftover ingredients into a dish, bake it at 350, and call it dinner.

The clap looks great! I finally found some yarn to use...its acrylic though...we'll see about that one.

9:47 PM  
Blogger elizabooth said...

Lovely clapotis! You know, the last two things I've knit are dolls and a clapotis. And I'm a journalist. I'm beginning to think you're my American counterpart...

Either way, good luck on the Glampyre pattern. I've been eyeing that one myself -- I like her patterns because she's generally against seaming.

8:25 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

wow! where is that clapotis pattern from, did you make that up!? :P It looks great and Im glad your mom wont be so cold this winter.

We may need to find a yarn sub for that glampyre pattern. Ive been searching during the vacation. After holiday kal?

9:36 AM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

I looooove green bean casserole! And every clapotis is unique in its own way, right? I'm going to make another and thats what I keep telling myself.

12:15 PM  
Blogger Megan said...

You know, you never can see too many Clapotis pictures. What a lovely gift! And a very practical one too - my Clapotis has got to be the most worn item I've ever knit. I'm thinking of making another one for myself after I clear my plate of holiday knitting. What kind of yarn did you use?

8:00 AM  
Blogger Mayarn said...

I've yet to make my own clapotis, but the more I see, the more I think I need one.

and I love that Glampyre pattern - I hope you get the yarn you want for it!

2:34 PM  
Blogger Biglug said...

Green bean casserole totally gets a thumbs up from me.

:)

8:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home