new banner

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Even better than the real thing?

Not quite. But my tiny knit facsimile of The Edge from U2 isn't all bad.



He's a little lumpy and highlights my problems with finishing, embroidery, etc. He looks a touch like Mr. Bill, except with a scruffy goatee. And he illustrates the fact that U2 is completely overexposed right now. But my boyfriend is a tremendous fan and I've been promising him a stuffed Edge for a while. Since I'm not finishing his blanket by his birthday next week, I knit him a little guitarist. (Something about The Edge spoke to me as a knitter -- his little cap, perhaps?)

The Edge is prone to fits of rocking out.



And he's really trying to fit in around here.



That is, when he's not silently passing judgment on our previous CD purchases.



Incidentally, I did not use the Knit Your Own Rock Star doll from Stitch n Bitch Nation. The Edge's body type simply does not resemble Henry Rollins or Joey Ramone. Frankly, he's closer to the Joan Jett doll. So instead, I pulled out this oldie but goodie:




The little boy seemed a perfect fit.

21 Comments:

Anonymous Sarah said...

THAT. IS. AWESOME.

8:04 AM  
Blogger yahaira said...

I like that he is a happy Edge, even when making judgements.

Awesome job.

8:08 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

That is so cool!

9:29 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

i'm sure your BF will love him - just warn him that he's judgemental!

10:12 AM  
Anonymous marie in texas said...

laughing my bee*boop off....knit what you love.....lol

marie in texas
aka/marie in florida but i moved

10:22 AM  
Anonymous Iraida said...

LOL That is so adorable. You're such a good gf. Now you have to make Bono. I'm a Depeche Mode fan, I should make one of them, but it'd probably look like The Edge anyways.

10:54 AM  
Blogger Melissa said...

Too funny - especially the Monster Ballads photo. Did you see the piece on U2 on 60 minutes the other night. Definitely over-exposed, but Larry Mullen is still as hot to me as he was when I was in 7th grade. Bono had held up pretty well too.

11:58 AM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

Rock on girl! Way cool.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

too funny. thanks for the tour of all things edge. I'm glad your version smiles because the real life one looks like he could use a laugh or two.

2:00 PM  
Blogger MeBeth said...

He is HILARIOUS!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Leah said...

Well done & what a good girlfriend!! I don't think he was being judgemental of the monster ballad's CD. Maybe his smile is b/c monster ballad are his secret pleasure! No more wimpy music!! ;)

5:45 PM  
Blogger keohinani said...

awww, that's so cute! got a lot of character, that one does :)

8:24 PM  
Blogger PassionKNITly said...

ROCK ON!!!

What a great project!!!

9:56 PM  
Blogger Sluggo said...

The sarcastic side of my brain wants to make some sort of obnoxious comment about Mr. Mini Edge.

But I can't. He's just too damn cool.

I am so jealous. The goatee is the clincher.

1:13 AM  
Blogger Tara said...

That's just so cute.

1:36 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Woodward said...

oh Carrier (I accidently added an R & I've decided its staying!)

I love love love this, hes SO cute!!!

4:00 PM  
Blogger elizabooth said...

He is adorable! The pattern you used as a template is so cute! And it's nice that The Edge is getting some attention -- always in the shadow of that attention hog Bono...

4:38 PM  
Blogger Purse_Ho said...

this little edge is so cute!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's me, the boyfriend again. Carrie and I saw the real U2 Tuesday night at MSG (a great show -- Carrie almost fell over dancing to The Electric Co), but I sadly have to wait to receive little The Edge until my birthday a few days away. It's true, I've actually only seen him on this blog.

I voted to bring little The Edge to the show, but I guess Carrie was afraid he'd jump on the stage for a rousing encore version of Vertigo....

10:51 PM  
Anonymous Iraida said...

I just rolled them up with my finger (like when you make a yarn ball)

10:33 AM  
Blogger Kathy said...

Hysterical!!! I love it!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home