new banner

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

And the winner is ...

So I made the leap. After much careful deliberation -- read: hemming and hawing -- I selected a yarn for my clapotis. I think.



Let's give a warm welcome to Knit Picks Sock Garden in Stargazer Lily! I was really drawn to the pinks and yellows, and I've been eager to give Knit Picks a try. A few commenters suggested this yarn, so I checked and found two examples of clapotis in sock garden. One, in my estimation, is a success. (It's the second clapotis on the page, the scarlett and green one.) The other example? Not so much. (And I'm not being nasty -- the knitter decided to frog it.)

I think, though, mine won't look so lousy because the color changes are more subtle. And I'll be on the look-out for pooling, I suppose. Or, maybe I'll just buy this beauty instead. Tee hee!

I'm also trucking along on Marilyn's Not-so-shrunken cardigan. I made it slightly longer because super cropped wasn't so flattering for me. Now, using the wonderful magic loop method, I'm scurrying to finish the sleeves so I can get going on the fun ruffles. (And yes, I know that I'm using the same color as Yahaira. She and I have made peace with this. I hope.)



I need to move onto less selfish projects, like the sweater for my friend's baby, the afghan for my boyfriend and another sweater for my mom. Poor mom.

If you don't hear from me for a while, it's probably because I've been imprisoned for bludgeoning my neighbors. See, their front door lock has been broken for eight or nine months. In order to shut it, they need to slam it shut repeatedly then loudly turn the lock between 10 and 45 times. And they do this at 6:30 a.m., oblivious to the fact that I get home from work only a few hours earlier. I have tried to discuss this with them reasonably, or as reasonably as you can when you are half asleep and wearing a robe with penguins on it. What kills me is that they won't apologize, and they won't just call the management company. This is a very simple problem to fix! So I called the management company myself today, explained the situation and left my neighbor a note about how exactly to do the same thing. I'm not sure how they have survived this long without any problem solving skills.

14 Comments:

Blogger yahaira said...

we made peace? think again!
j/k
It's looking good (and what a fine color you chose!), I wonder if anyone made it in the cropped length.

I like the color you chose for the clapotis (but you know Im a sucker for pink). Im finally knitting one, but as a gift so I can get rid of some guilt.

Your mom called, she said she's cold, very cold. Make the woman a sweater!

1:08 PM  
Anonymous Purly Whites said...

That sucks about your stupid neighbors. My neighbors have a stupid poodle that I'd like to drop-kick because of all the damn barking all day long.

But! The sweater looks cute so far. I hope your yarn isn't as gross as Yahaira's.

1:15 PM  
Anonymous Skylar said...

I Loooove the yarn you will use for the ol' Clap. Should be lovely. And just like Yahaira's, I like that cropped cardi. So cute!

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Joelene said...

I just used that some Sock Garden Yarn for on socks. Of all the sock yarn I have used, minus Lorna Lace, Sock Garden is my favorite! Great minds think alike:)

Can't wait to see the sweater.

1:44 PM  
Blogger Saun said...

I've used Sock Garden for socks but never thought to use it for the clap. I may have to make another one with that even though the handpainted yarns is calling my name.

Sorry to hear about the neighbors. If they don't get it fixed, stick some super-glue in the keyhole. Then they'd have to fix it. I wouldn't normally advocate vandalism but it happened to me in my college dorm room and that's the only time in my life I remember having to have a lock changed.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Melissa said...

I love the color you picked...all of the sock garden yarn is so pretty. Don't you love neighbors? Almost all of mine are totally weird.

2:31 PM  
Blogger chele said...

I love the color! I've been wanting to give Knit Picks a try, now I'll have to!

3:11 PM  
Anonymous Angela said...

Love that Stargazer Lily colorway! I bought two skeins of that myself, but for socks. I think it's the perfect color for the "clap." I can't wait to see how it knits up!

Sucks about the neighbors. I can't believe they aren't being proactive and taking any action. If I were them, I'd be on it the first thing. I can't imagine how annoyed I'd be if I had to do all that just to close and lock my door. UGH! I feel for you.

And thanks for the comment on the hat. It's totally "mushmouth." It's been frogged already, but you gave me a great idea for a future hat for a Halloween costume! =)

6:39 PM  
Blogger Kym said...

I'm so happy you went for Stargazer! that's exactly the colorway I was going to buy for my clap before I stupidly bought the shimmer instead. I can't wait to see yours- it will be beautiful!!

12:32 AM  
Blogger Jennifa said...

I can't wait to see how your not so shrunken comes out. I really want to make one.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Iraida said...

Oh my. You're making me want to make another clap! I loooove mine but I want something lighter weight. I may make some boobs for my knitted babe. Whatcha think? heheh

2:59 PM  
Blogger Brooklyn Handspun said...

I think the colorway is going to look great as clapotis. I've been on the lookout for the right yarn too, I'm going to have to check out the knit picks sock selection.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Lolly said...

I love that colorway of KnitPicks. I was thinking of picking some up for socks (what else?) but I remembered I am supposed to be on a yarn diet!
I see a Clapotis in my future... it is such a pretty pattern.

11:33 AM  
Blogger Sluggo said...

Might a suggest a little superglue in your neighbor's locks, as a bit of "encouragement and motivation" for them to replace it.

1:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home