new banner

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Crafters United

If you're anything like me, you've felt small and helpless in the presence of such sadness and devastation in Mississippi and Louisiana. Craft Revolution is asking bloggers to pass along information about its effort to raise money by selling handcrafted items and donating all of the proceeds to hurricane charities.

Initially, I felt queasy about donating money and getting a free product in return, so I just gave to the Red Cross. But the more I think about it, I love the idea of the crafting community working together. Their initial goal was $1,000, they surpassed that in just one day. That's why I love the do-it-yourself community.

3 Comments:

Anonymous *JUMPER UP*JUMPER DOWN* said...

It's so cute when you care. It's scary that crafters are uniting however; the FBI may already be creating a file and tracking the movement.
Where did you donate to the Red Cross?

11:53 PM  
Anonymous Skylar said...

Thanks for this, Carrie.

1:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm proud of you and your fellow(gal) crafters, Baby. Maman

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home