new banner

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

homeward bound



This is my childhood home in Greensburg, Pa., about 40 minutes outside of Pittsburgh. And this is where I'm headed bright and early tomorrow for a relaxing trip home. It's like a little resort for me, an escape from my whacky life in New York. I love that there's central AC in the summer and plenty of heat in the winter. I love that the bathrooms all have fragrant soaps and thick, thirsty towels to dry off with. I love that my parents always stock four different kinds of cheese and at least as many types of pretzels. I even love the sound of my parent's front door opening -- the jingle of keys, the loud thunk of the latch unlocking, and the creak of the door pushing open.

I just can't wait to see them.

(And I'm told there's a skein of yarn from France waiting for me!)

P.S. Aren't the bushes out front shaped a little like Grimace?

3 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

Have a good trip, Carrie! That's kinda how I feel about my parents' house too. Everything just seems calmer there. Maybe because you have people who like to take care of you... hee hee

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Jessica said...

Have fun... nothing better than getting a little family love.

I am feeling home calling me too!

9:16 AM  
Blogger Sluggo said...

Grimace bushes?

and I suppose that the Hamburgler is your next door neighbor.

Enjoy the trip.

10:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home