new banner

Monday, June 27, 2005

Renegade craft fair!

Some folks go celebrity watching in L.A. or some swanky downtown bar. Not me. I go to dusty McCarren Park in Williamsburg on a really freaking hot day.

This weekend was the Renegade Craft Fair in Williamsburg, and it exceeded all my expectations.

My long-suffering friend Kristin accompanied me -- and tolerated my groupie antics. I was so excited to meet Leah from Craftster, which is a forum that always inspires me. I probably haven't made this big a fool of myself since I attempted to interview Chris Rock at Star Jones' wedding. (I asked him if he was moved by her vows, and he simply turned on his heel and walked away. Celebrity reporter, I'm not.)

Anyway, here's Leah in her Craftster T-shirt:

Posted by Hello


I also spied Maggie, the wonderful fiber artist from Super Maggie. I was wimpy and just took a shot of her from afar. She's the gal in the mustard skirt.

Posted by Hello


I have ordered her felted flowers, so this weekend I picked up a cute tee shirt.

Posted by Hello


Kristin and I were captivated by this artist, whose name and card I didn't pick up. She apparently turns large, heavy tapestries into oversized pillows. They made me nostalgic for home -- my grandparents had a hideous wallhanging similar to these of a huge deer in the woods. Anyway, we were drawn to this one of the Last Supper. As Kristin said, "It's really intense."

Posted by Hello


Here is Kristin with one of her purchases, an awesome T-shirt that we just adored because, well, we are losers.

Posted by Hello


Click here so you can see a close-up at the designer's website, Edge of Urge.

I also picked up a cute necklace from Sprout Studio. But this here might very well be the highlight of the day. For a while, I've coveted a cute, stuffed creation from Heidi Kenney's My Paper Crane. She has the most delightful little donuts and milk cartons and slices of toast. But, for a friend of mine with a sick sense of humor, I decided to pick up the smiling stuffed tampon doll. And here I am, showing it off on the streets of Brooklyn.

Posted by Hello


Cheers!

7 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

oh, I'm so jealous! you got some great stuff.....thanks for all the links!

8:01 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Hi Carrie! It was nice to meet you. Thank you for making me feel like a celeb for a brief moment! :) ~ Leah

9:01 AM  
Blogger Jennifa said...

That looks so fun. I wish I could go, but while it's within a few states away...blah.

2:50 AM  
Anonymous Leah said...

Looks like you had fun meeting everyone and shopping! Glad you had fun!

2:29 PM  
Blogger Carrieoke said...

That looks like a great time! And you guys totally racked up some great stuff. the pics are great!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Atouria said...

Awesome goodies! I love the blue shirt with the birdies.

Thanks for visiting yarnyoga. i love your blog!

3:09 PM  
Blogger . said...

.

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home