new banner

Friday, June 24, 2005

Is it top ramen?

Or is it the remains of a tank top that just wasn't working out?

Posted by Hello


This is my favorite teddy bear regarding piles upon piles of Mondial Splendid yarn. (Please note the groovy fleece blanket I made a few years ago.) It was a chevron tank from Interweave knits that just looked preposterous. So it sat in my closet along with my other loser finished objects, as Wendy calls them over at
Knit and Tonic.

But it was kinda pricey yarn, and it deserves to be re-created into something wonderful. My dear friend is quite, quite pregnant, and I see a baby blanket in her future. (I know, a white baby blanket would lack function, but so what? Maybe I'll dye the yarn).

Here is the yarn hanging in my alarmingly mint green shower:

Posted by Hello


I've been a little down in the dumps lately, so I obsessively cleaned my apartment this afternoon. May I say that I totally adore both Swiffer wet and Swiffer dry? They really, really clean like nobody's business. But since I'm a notorious cheapskate, I hate that they are kinda expensive. Memo to Rite-Aid: make a Swiffer knock-off! Anyway, if only my lil apartment stayed this pretty all the time.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tara said...

I loves the Swiffer too! I honestly don't think I could function without them...

9:20 AM  
Anonymous Disco Pablo said...

Rite-Aid most certainly makes a generic Swiffer pad. And I assume that I'm not the only one who flips the pads inside-out so they can be reused...

And what's the fiber content on that yarn? As you know, of course, synthetic fibers are loathe to absorb dyes.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home