new banner

Monday, June 20, 2005

I have to be stopped

Ok, here is a pic of my one-skein wonder in action!

Posted by Hello


I kinda look like I'm scolding someone, which I'm not, but I certainly look a tad angry. Maybe I'm saying, "Ok, just this one last shrug pattern, but then that is it young lady! You can't keep making shrugs!" But how could I resist the cabled shrug from Interweave Knits? It features the daintiest little cable, and we know that I now adore making cables. It really makes knitting sleeves more palatable. Every few rows, you break the monotony by adding the cable. I've seen some folks are knitting the ribbed shrug, but I haven't seen anyone making this one. If you know of anyone, please link to them in my comments!

Here's my progress so far:

Posted by Hello


This was completed in only a day, mostly while we watched "The Aviator." Sheesh, Howard Hughes was sure nuts. And speaking of planes, my parents are headed to France as we speak. They'll be in Paris for a few days before heading to a farm house in the countryside. They're so adorable. I can hardly believe that they are going -- when I was little, we were so poor that we put clothing on layaway at Hills department store. Boy have things changed.

I'm slightly desperate for some time off, myself. TWO helicopter crashes in one week? I swear they each shaved a year off my life. But nothing that a little knitting can't fix.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sluggo said...

Ok. Someone has to say it, if only for the historical record.

Damn, that wool thong looks uncomfortable. Who thought that was a good idea?

8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home