new banner

Thursday, May 26, 2005

what's that? a finished object?

Oh, these photos of my new shrug are perfectly shameful. What was I thinking, trying to take a picture by myself in a mirror? If you think this is bad, you should see the reject photos. I would have asked my neighbors for help, but I yelled at them this morning because their lock is broken and they keep opening and closing it like in "Rainman." C'mon! Get a knew lock and stop waking me up every day!


;Posted by Hello


This is an adaptation of a crochet pattern whipped up by microgirl on the craftster boards. It's pretty easy and fun, just a lot of loopy lover's knots. I like microgirl's more than mine because the color is more stunning, and it's a smaller gauge. But this was a wonderful stash buster for me -- I used up what I think was some leftover microspun. Here's a close up of the stitch.

Posted by Hello


Crochet is always a nice diversion from knitting for me -- particularly from the Xback, which I haven't laid eyes on in a week. I just find crochet a little easier and more carefree. I learned crochet first, from my wonderful grandmother, so perhaps it will always be closer to my heart.

I needed a more relaxed project with instant gratification since the past week has been slightly nightmarish at work. I helped cover a horrid plane crash on Saturday night, which nearly made my hair go gray. Last night, we had a peculiar stabbing involving a transvestite and a man who didn't want anyone to know that he was with the transvestite. And tonight we had a robbery in Central Park, a crime that's always a big deal. Perhaps crime will take a holiday tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne Marie said...

Yikes...a plane crash and a secret transvestite. Sounds like what would've happened on Dallas if it stayed on the air.

Anyway, I love your shrug. It's very glam!

4:19 PM  
Blogger morgan said...

ooo I really like this pattern and think I'll give it a go too. Hope mine comes out as cute as yours!

10:59 AM  
OpenID knitthehellout said...

I know I'm commenting on a really old post, but I love to read how people's blogs started. Anyway, this entry got me thinking about how a reporter's job can have secondary trauma effects often, much like counseling (which I do). We see/hear some hard stories.

2:40 PM  
Blogger AngelRoseLite said...

That's a gorgeous shrug! I love the color. I want to make some for my nieces, and I think I will go with this color. Love your blog, by the way :)

4:55 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home