new banner

Thursday, May 19, 2005

Something new on the needles?

Not quite yet, but soon. After much ripping, I'm just charging forward and finishing up the Xback. I'm simply not going to love it, but it would be a waste of time and yarn not to just wrap this up. I kinda envision it joining a few other rarely worn finished objects in the back of my closet. (Why did I make those ponchos?) I've learned that yarn substitutions aren't always right on the money. So here's the requisite update shot:

Posted by Hello


On to cuter news! I am putting the finishing touches on this little bear. Well, he actually ain't that little -- my nickname for him is Hefty bear on account of his pudginess. He'll be my second teddy bear for the wonderful Mother Bear Project. My boyfriend dubbed the first teddy bear that I made Square bear because his head was just remarkably square. I actually kinda miss that square bear, but I like to imagine he made some child in Africa happy. And despite his chiding, my boyfriend misses square bear, too. When I started the second bear, he said, "Try not to make this one so lovable."

Posted by Hello


Tomorrow I'll cast on for my next project -- a knit doll modeled after The Edge from U2. I'll be tweaking the Joey Ramone doll pattern from Stitch 'n Bitch Nation. This shall either be my greatest accomplisment or biggest flop. Cross your fingers and toes!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jessica said...

That tank looks great to me! Seems a good shape...

Cutie bear! I haven't tried stuffed animals yet but you are making me want to! :)

12:54 PM  
Anonymous Amie said...

Love the top and the bear. Oh sooo cute!

8:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home