new banner

Sunday, May 01, 2005

long national nightmare

I am, of course, talking about the ribbon xback that I've been knitting. It's a cute pattern, but I am having serious yarn issues -- as are a lot of other knitters over at the ribbon x back knit-a-long.

The pattern's designer selected a discontinued yarn, but offered Deco Ribbon as a substitute. I'm now wondering if she even tried this yarn because EVERYONE'S tanks are knitting up way too big. I have frogged my projects twice and am casting on a third time. I'd simply throw in the towel on this project, but I spent a lot on that darn yarn!

Anyway, I'm taking a little time away from the tank. Until my anger subsides, I'm sewing instead of knitting:


Posted by Hello



It's a pillowcase shirt! I found the pattern on Craftster courtesy of this do-it-yourself website.

I have been known to wear skirts fashioned from pillowcases, but this is a first. All I've done so far is cut the sleeve holes and created the ties. You may also notice that these photos are much higher quality. Goodbye spy camera, hello Olympus!

Posted by Hello


icon Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home