new banner

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Rip it. Rip it good.




Ugh. So the Xback is knitting up super fast -- unfortunately, it's waaaay too big. I joined the Xback knit-a-long, and other knitters mentioned that their tanks were buckling in back and entirely too large. So I put mine on stitch holders and tried it on. Lo and behold, it is way too big. I chose the small size, but I think I will need to try to extra small. I worry, tho, that it might still be too large. Apparently, the yarn that we are all using as a substitute stretches more than the yarn that the pattern was written for. (That yarn, unfortunately, has been discontinued).

Here are some photos anyway, before I get ripping. The pictures stink because, right now, my only digital camera is a little teeny tiny "Get Smart" looking one that my mother bought me for Christmas. She is under the impression that I am a spy.
 Posted by Hello

3 Comments:

Anonymous i CAN tell you the guy was arrested TODAY said...

Um, I was looking for a Deevo fan web site and was directed here. WTF? Um, er, since I'm here,where can I get one of those darling XBacks?

10:47 PM  
Blogger legally intoxicated said...

the x back sounds like it should be a car or some kind of camping gear. but mebbe that's just my boulder bias. how do you fix something that's knitted too big? my typical solution would be safety pins, but i guess that's why i don't have a crafty website....

i love that linda got you a camera that's marketed for looking up cheerleaders' skirts.

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Laura said...

nice blog, carrie! looks great.

3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home